Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October Favourites!

So October's here, which means monthly favourites! ...oh and it's autumn. Not horribly exciting, and the fact that the weather's been absolutely horrific doesn't make things any better. 


For the past month, I've been wearing very minimal makeup (except the occasional smoky eye) since I got really fed up with smudged eyeliner and mascara, giving me raccoon eyes.




First is a OPI nail polish in Coney Island Cotton Candy. It's a lovely nude shade which doesn't look like it would do much, but 2-3 coats of it makes your nails look elongated and flawless. This is great for everyday, especially if your not allowed nail polish to school because teachers never notice! (Shhh!) It's unnoticeable but makes a massive difference to the appearance of your nails. Also, 4-5 coats will give you a nice and opaque coverage, shown in the picture on the left. As you can see, I've used quite a lot of it over the month. 

A highstreet/drugstore alternative of this is Maybelline Forever Strong Pro nail polish in Ivory Rose. The colour is nearly identical and gives nearly as good coverage, although it does tend to look a bit streaky with 1-2 coats. 
I've been loving nude nail polishes because they never go out of season, I wear it all year long!




 I've been using this La Pensée blush religiously for the past 2-3 months. It's a really pretty peachy coral mixture. I tend to use the first two colours as highlight across my cheek bones and underneath my brows. (I also used it as a make-shift setting powder when I was traveling) It gives a very subtle highlight but does a big difference. People say that I look more awake when I have it on. 



Bottom two mixed, Top two mixed, All four mixed
Then I would use the bottom two shades as a blush. They tend to come out quite pastel when swatched, but it gives a very natural flush of colour when blended in.

Along with this product, I would also use a warm toned bronzer to warm up the face and a cool toned one to contour. Depending on the occasion or my mood, I might also add a warm peach toned blush. This seems like a lot, but it gives me the perfect complexion and makes me look more awake.



This is a makeup remover balm/gel (sample size) that my friend gave me from Korea. It's called Clean it Zero by the brand Banila co. I'm not too familiar with Korean beauty brands but I've never heard of this company. However, it works wonders! It removes makeup instantly, getting rid of any annoying waterproof eyeliner or mascara with little effort. I've been using it sparingly on dramatic looks only because I can't get it that easily. It also smells divine which adds to its amazingness. 



 Lastly, I've been obsessed with this body spray from Bath and Body Works. It's the scent Mango Mandarin, which smells exactly like the name - mango and mandarins. It's not too strong but not too light at the same time, making the perfect combination. If you're a fan of fruity scents, you'll definitely like this. The only complaint that i have about this is that the scent fades quite quickly after a short while. But I guess it IS called a body spray which normally don't stay on very well.

xxTiffers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment