Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bioderma Cleansing Water dupe??

Yup, I will be reviewing the L'Oreal micellar solution. I do like the Bioderma one so I thought I would try this and give a mini comparison since I saw this on half price and I needed a new makeup remover/toner.



Basic info:
  • Price: £4.99
  • 200 mL
  • Hypo-allergenic (suitable for sensitive skin)
  • Claims to 1. dissolve makeup
                     2. unclog pores + remove impurities
                     3. tones and soothes skin
  • Does not have a scent to it
So, how well does it work?
As an eye makeup remover:
I would say this does not work as well as the L'Oreal Demaq eye makeup remover which is the one I use on a regular basis. This takes off eyeshadow easily but when it comes to mascara (especially my waterproof mascara) and brow pencil (which is waxy), it doesn't do so well. It breaks down the mascara into little blobs but you have to make sure you really wiped all the bits off your lashes in order to take it off thoroughly.

As a face makeup remover:
Works very well, easily takes off all my foundation, concealer, blush and bronzer.

As a cleanser:
I hardly ever only use a cleansing water as a cleanser alone so I always cleanse with a facial wash afterwards...unless I am being lazy or I get home very late that day and I'm just too tired to even wash my face with a cleanser at the sink. For the purpose of this review I used it alone to cleanse and it's very refreshing and my face did feel cleansed after using it.

As a toner:
Toners are generally quite drying for me and this isn't very drying but definitely more drying than the Bioderma. I would follow on with some moisturiser (currently using Neutrogena pink grapefruit oil-free moisturiser)

Overall I would say this isn't as amazing as Bioderma but consider how much more inexpensive this is and how much easier you can pick this up at the drugstore, I do recommend this.

*PS You can tell I've recently had a bit of a shopping spree, explains why all these reviews are flowing in at the moment. Trying out lots of new products!*

Available here: link
Jess :)
                


 

No comments:

Post a Comment