Monday, May 6, 2013

Product review: NYC show time volumising mascara


 
I was interested in trying this after reading Khila from Miss Budget Beauty's blog post.

I thought it won't harm to try this mascara as this is only £1.99! It has a natural bristle brush and it is a normal-ish sized one. I find that it coats my lashes evenly. It doesn't smudge or smear throughout the day but it isn't waterproof, it still runs if your lashes get wet.

Bare lashes
 As you can see my lashes aren't amazingly long or full so I really need something to give them a boost.
One coat
After one coat my lashes are lengthened but not really volumised. So then I added another coat.
Two coats
So after two coats my lashes are both lengthened and volumised. It is definitely very easy to go overboard and make them very spidery looking. Although you are supposed to throw mascaras away in 3 months I would still prefer one that doesn't need to be built up in order to get the effect because then I would run out quite quickly but since this is so inexpensive, it doesn't really matter. It is available in black, carbon (extra black) or waterproof. I don't know why I didn't purchase the waterproof version, I think it's because it is in a blue tube instead of a black tube so I didn't realise that there is one. I might pick up the waterproof just to compare them but maybe not till a lot later.
 
Available here-superdrug 
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment