Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Product review: mud therapy by superdrug deep cleansing mud mask

About a month ago, I bought this budget mud mask in Superdrug while I was originally there to pick up some essentials (but we all know those turn into sprees). So here are my thoughts on this mask.
What it claims to do:
"Superdrug Deep Cleansing mud mask with natural minerals benefits of dead sea mud naturally detoxifies and remineralises. This clay based mask will help promote a clearer complexion, leaving skin softer and rejuvenated."
 
Basic info:
-75mL
-£2.59
-available in stores and online
-not paraben free
 
 
The first time I used this, I was surprised at how quickly this dries! On the directions for use it tells you to leave it on for 10-15 minutes but honestly it dried up quite quickly, maybe within 5 minutes, and I put on a decent amount. Although my skin generally feels dry after using a clay mask, this made my skin drier compared to the other clay masks I've tried. My face was also a little red, which is quite normal for clay masks. It did feel clean but very tight at the same time. I must also mention that the fragrant is really strong so definitely not suitable for sensitive skin. However, if you have very oily skin then I think this is good for a kind of once a week detox.
 
I believe Superdrug's own brand also has a few other mud masks and I would like to try the others to compare them and review them. Let me know if you have tried any and liked them.
 
Jess
 

1 comment:

  1. very nice post, wonderful information About mud therapy.
    Thanks for sharing us!

    ReplyDelete