Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Product review: Nivea Oil Free Day Cream

I have recently finished my second tube of Neutrogena oil free grapefruit moisturiser and I wanted to try something new. I was strolling down the skincare isle in superdrug and came across this.

This is, in my opinion, a good moisturiser for summer. It is a middle ground between a cream and a gel. To me and maybe to a lot of people with combination skin will agree that creams are too thick to a point where they break us out; gels are too thin therefore not moisturising enough for the dryer areas of the face.

This is very inexpensive and a little goes a long way. I feel like unlike a lot of other creams, you can slather another layer on if you need it without it being heavy. It has an ingredient called hydra IQ which claims to help the natural moisturisation via skin's own water channels, promoting moisture flow between skin cells. I have noticed my skin improving considering the fact that it used to be very dry when I don't put on moisturiser for a long time but with this my skin hasn't been as dry as it was before.

One bad thing I have to say about this product is that the fragrance is so strong, a very floral scent, which might be unsuitable for sensitive skin types. I find it rather overwhelming sometimes, especially when my allergies are kicking in and my nose is really sensitive to strong smells.

Good if you are on budget and have combination skin or if you have normal skin and you want something a bit lighter for summer.

Available here: Boots/Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment