Friday, August 16, 2013

Product Review - Lush 'Sun' Perfume


A while ago, I walked into Lush looking for a new summer fragrance. As expected, the sales assistants were extremely friendly and one of them helped me pick out the perfect scent. After 15 minutes of strategic sniffing, I settled with 'Sun'.

My best description of 'Sun' is the smell that stays on your fingers after peeling oranges (very intricate I know). I've never seen similar scents in perfumes before so I decided to give it a try.

I've been using this for a month now and to be very honest..... I've already gotten tired of the scent. At first I thought it was nice and refreshing, but over time I just felt like someone who's had too many oranges. Although I did like the lovely packaging it came in (which I ripped up).


Their perfume line comes in six different sizes (7g, 25g, 28g, 43g, 46g, 92g) varying in prices, available on the Lush website. I bought the smallest bottle (7g) for £10 which I thought was a bit steep. I did like how it's small enough to carry around in a bag though (even the tiny ones that look cute but don't seem to hold anything). 

One thing that I don't like about these perfumes are the bottles, none of them come in normal spray bottles which is quite annoying when it comes to application. I accidentally poured way too much product out on my wrist once and ended up smelling like a crazy lady selling oranges. They do have a size that comes in a dropper bottle but I thought it'd be a bit of a handful to use in public.

Even though I didn't end up loving the scent, I would still like to give their other fragrances a try. I've got my eye on the scent 'Euphoria', I remember it having hints of grapefruit and lime (should've gotten that one instead).

-Tiffers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment